LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 02-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Another unusual Luger magazine!

Last year I purchased an unusual magazine from ebay... as part of a group of magazines for various guns.

Photos will be posted in the near future.

The blued body is straight with no grooves on the side. the bottom edge is flat like an FXO. The feed lips appear to be very solid steel. It used an FXO type mag bottom that was either plastic or bakelite with one knob broken off.

On the side it is very lightly stamped "SEYMOUR PRODUCTS CO." and the second line of the stamp says "SEYMOUR, CT." The magazine is very well made, and I think that this one just got abused.

Unfortunately, the magazine was damaged. There is a split in the bottom rear edge along the back seam of about 1/2 inch that prevents it from completely entering a Luger frame.

It is repairable if I can reshape and weld the seam. And I can fit an aluminum FXO base that I have on hand.

I have never seen a magazine like this before, but it looks a lot like the smooth-sided magazines that were produced for the second generation of Stainless Lugers made by AIMCO for Stoeger and under other names.

Has anyone else got a SEYMOUR magazine like this in their collection or ever seen one like this?

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

If some of the older collectors could comment on whether or not they have seen this type of magazine before I would really appreciate it.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
Unread 02-18-2008, 07:58 PM   #3
BogeyB
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Hey John,

I don't know about Luger mags, but Seymour made 50 rd Thompson drums during WWII.

Mike
Unread 02-19-2008, 11:13 AM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanks... I knew that they were a Thompson drum mfg, but I was unaware that any US company had ever made Luger Magazines (I think that Triple-K actually had their's made outside of the USA.)

Anyone know if any other USA Manufacturers ever made Luger Magazines?

Unread 02-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

John, The current 3K mags are being made in San Diego, probably by the same folks that used to make them in Mexico. They also made the early stainless Mitchell/Stoeger mags, but I not sure who made their later heavier ones that are not interchangeable with the PO8. If Orimar made these in Texas, they are the only other domesticly made one that I'm aware of. TH
Unread 02-20-2008, 10:46 AM   #6
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default Photos of the Seymour Magazine.

Thanks for the input Tom... that's what I suspected.

I finally good some good photos taken. Here are some close-ups of this Seymour Products Magazineâ?¦ If anyone has seen one like this I sure would like to know about it.

Full Right Side

Manufacturerâ??s stamp

Feed Lips view one

Feed lips Alternate View. You can see that the lips almost look like an FXO type mag, but this mag is sheet metal and is made similar to a .45 ACP Colt magazine with a welded and dressed rear spine seam.

Rear View showing body damage, probably from being dropped on a hard surface.

Manufacturerâ??s stamp different view

Mag bottom good sideâ?¦ exactly like an FXO type bottom.

Mag bottom broken sideâ?¦ probably from the drop that damaged this mag body above.

Comments are invited.

Unread 02-21-2008, 01:37 AM   #7
MFC
User

John,
I'd be more than happy to weld the split seam for you... N/C. Send me a PM if you want me to do it.
Mike C.
Unread 02-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #8
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

John, Thanks for the great photos. I've never seen one like that in 50 years as a luger owner, so I suspect that they didn't make too many of them. TH
Unread 02-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #9
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanks Tom... for the confirmation. Too bad it is damaged... I think I will take MFC up on the offer to reweld it... maybe I can at least make it operational again.

If anyone sees another one of these, I would sure like to know about it. The company that made it is no longer in business.