LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 07-11-2011, 05:11 AM   #1
evrenay
User

Default 1917 DWM Luger from TURKEY

I, again, don't know if this Luger a military or a commercial pistol is. Anyway, she has the most perfect bore I have ever seen in a Luger barrel. Her owner told me that the skin of the pistol was a miserable condition, despite the perfect barrel, and he had to refurbish (re-blue) it in order to protect this Luger.

Unfortunately I have forgotten to take photos of this Luger before I disassembled her. Indeed I have photos of her together with some other Lugers and pistols of different brands and types.

Please do not forget to add your comments about this Luger. I am a beginner in Luger Hobby and still collecting books from Jan Still, Joachim Görtz, John Walter, Jan R. Hallock-Joop van de Kant, Mauro Baudino and other publications I can find. Unfortunately I have less time due to my business to read all these. Nevertheless I am working on it. I hope to be a good Lugerist in Turkey, literally and practically.

Here are the photos:

Here I begin with the slide (receiver)

Date 1917 is visible on the chamber

One can see the DWM stamp on the toggle

The grips are made of wood and mother of pearl (I often see such grips in Turkey, it is not my taste)

I tried it without flash, not very successful, eh!

Toggle see the last two digits of the serial number and the DWM stamp

I will post the remaining photos very soon.
evrenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 06:11 AM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,523 Times in 2,089 Posts

please post photos here and NOT on photobucket.....

Ed
Edward Tinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 06:17 AM   #3
evrenay
User

Derar Edward,

unfortunately I didn't understand what you mean. I upload the photos on Photobucket than copy the image links to Lugerforum.
Is there anything wrong with what I do? Can't view the photos?

If you mean that I should upload the photos to Lugerforum it will take too much space on forum servers and this is undesirable at most of the forums I take part as a member.
If I have to reduce the size of my photos then, I am afraid, some of the details on the photos are going to get lost.

I would prefer uploading to Photobucket, unless have to do otherwise as a forum rule.
Unread 07-11-2011, 06:52 AM   #4
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,442 Times in 2,330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evrenay View Post
Derar Edward,

unfortunately I didn't understand what you mean. I upload the photos on Photobucket than copy the image links to Lugerforum.
Is there anything wrong with what I do? Can't view the photos?

If you mean that I should upload the photos to Lugerforum it will take too much space on forum servers and this is undesirable at most of the forums I take part as a member.
If I have to reduce the size of my photos then, I am afraid, some of the details on the photos are going to get lost.

I would prefer uploading to Photobucket, unless have to do otherwise as a forum rule.
Many of our members view the Forum from behind corporate firewalls which block PhotoBucket, YouTube, SmugMug, etc. The very people who you need to help you can not see your pics.

It is also desirable to archive the pics here rather than offsite, as those aforementioned sites often change their URLs or implement other programs [Flash] which require the 'latest' version to view pics with...Which not everybody has or wants...

The max sise of pics allowed here is something like 1100 x 1100 pixels, which is more than adequate to view all the little nooks & crannies.

Remember...You won't get any help if the members can't see your pics...
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #5
evrenay
User

Dear postino,

thank you very much for you brief explanation. I am woking for myself for sometime now and I forgot the company rules of some corporates. I can't even imagine why a company should prevent it's employees to reach Photobucket web-site.

If the employee doesn't want to work with high performance, he/she wouldn't do it, whatever you do, even prevent access to some web-sites. He/she needs either a different motivation or wants to get fired.

Anyway, I got the message. Next time I will try to to upload my photos both on Photobucket and Lugerforum.
Unread 07-11-2011, 08:33 AM   #6
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,603 Times in 933 Posts

Hi Evren, I upload all my photos with a maximum dimension of 1000px. As you can see, lack of resolution is not a problem. Keep sending us photos of interesting guns from Turkey! Best regards, Norm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2906.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	19986  

Norme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #7
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,442 Times in 2,330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evrenay View Post
I can't even imagine why a company should prevent it's employees to reach Photobucket web-site.

If the employee doesn't want to work with high performance, he/she wouldn't do it, whatever you do, even prevent access to some web-sites. He/she needs either a different motivation or wants to get fired.
If your employer buys you a computer/laptop, pays for your internet access, and provides you with whatever programs you need for your job, then doing without PhotoBucket etc is a small price to pay.
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote