LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 07-28-2001, 04:36 PM   #1
Rob
User

Default luger pricing??

hi guys , please advise as to whether i paid too much , i got the feaver ,here we go ; S/42 marked 1939 mauser luger , 28xx serial number range, 80-85% orginal finish , 1 magazine with black plastic base, a well worn holster and no reloading tool. paid $800.00, how'd i do .please post a reply . thanks rob

Unread 07-29-2001, 08:39 PM   #2
Rob
User

Default Re: luger pricing??..help..help

i guys , i am really new to lugers and would greatly appreciate your input. thanks rob

Unread 07-29-2001, 09:39 PM   #3
Johnny Peppers
User

Default Re: luger pricing??

Not to ignore you, but whether your pistol has all matching serial numbers makes a difference in it's value. From your description the magazine is incorrect, and your pistol's serial number should have a letter suffix.

Unread 07-29-2001, 10:03 PM   #4
Rob
User

hi johnny , the pistol as best as i can tell(i'm new to lugers)is matching with the last two digits of the serial number on all the small parts including extractor. no letter suffix on serial number. a weird either a "Q" or another strange letter like symbol under serial number. walnut grips with sharp checkering. what should be the proper magazine ?? please advise, thank-you rob

Unread 07-29-2001, 11:12 PM   #5
Johnny Peppers
User

The 1939 S/42 was made from the n thru the r suffix block, and the letter you are seeing could very well be a q. The letter suffix is a part of the serial number. A few of the 1939 S/42's were police pistols which have a sear safety. The original magazine would have been an aluminum base magazine with a folded sheetmetal body.

A few months back your pistol would have been in the $550/600 price range, but with the imported Lugers coming in pressure has been put on these original matching pistols in 75/80% remaining finish pushing their price up. If your pistol is totally matching, and you will have to take it down to determine this, you got no bargain but who knows by this time next year. Just enjoy it.