LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 04-14-2012, 02:15 AM   #1
Kohaku2416
User

Default Got a friend for my Luger.

Posted this up on the P.38 forum but thought I would show it here too...the guy I bought my BYF 42 from also had this for sale and I decided to get it.. as you probably can guess based on the forum name, it's a Walther P.38 well actually a MAUSER P.38 BYF 43 with all matching numbers. Negatives for this gun however is I am 99% sure it's been reblued, and I am 50% sure it's a Russian capture..being it has what looks like a dipped blue finish but there are no X markings on it to so it as such so who knows? Also the gun has a faint import mark on the right side of the frame from R Gun's.

All the original markings are present and to those interested...I paid $450 out the door for it which the asking price was $599 before tax. So I feel like I did alright because I want to use this gun as a "shooter".

It's really faint, but it's there..the import mark I mean.

Kohaku2416 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Kohaku2416 for your post:
Unread 04-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

I also have an RGuns P-38 (although I did not buy it from RGuns) and as you commented, it is dipped but not buffed. Mine has the XXX over the original frame serial. The barrel has most likely been replaced, as the front of the breechblock/serial section has been ground flat (and I mean really flat!). My slide is an ac 41. It came with an ivd (or maybe jvd) stamped magazine, also dipped.

Very nice refurb. I was and still am favorably impressed with the workmanship of the VoPo armorers, whom I have been told were some of the original WW II factory workers.
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
alvin
User

P.38 was my favorite pistol. Probably due to I watched many Yugoslavian WWII movies when I was a kid. Not sure why,,,, Yugoslavian movies were filled with P.38s, no Lugers. No matter movie figures being Tito's men, German, or Croatian, all holding P.38s on screens.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
Yugoslavian movies were filled with P.38s, no Lugers. No matter movie figures being Tito's men, German, or Croatian, all holding P.38s on screens.
Funny...

Like that thread on Alvin York...They couldn't get the M1911 to fire blanks, so they substituted a Luger...Reminds me of the book/movie "1984"...If the facts doesn't fit your needs, alter the facts...

BTW, that movie is one of my favorites (Alvin York)...but I think lightning hitting a rifle barrel would have more disastrous consequences...
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #5
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

congrats on your new purchase. The P-38 is a fun shooter, and don't seem to be as ammo sensitive as a luger. I bought my Walther P-38 from the soldier that brought it back from WWll. I bought it in late 1950s. I drag it out from time to time and take it to the range. My accuracy with it leaves something to be desired, but I am sure that some of the problem is the shooter.
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote