LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 12-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #1
Kazim
User

Default Help needed to ID my luger!

Hello you all!

I�´ve bought a luger resently. I bought it from a old ww2 vet. He sold his hole arsenal to me. He and his family was pleased to get them to a sort of a relative! So I got them cheap. Indeed the old man gave the luger to me for free and encluded two holsters too.

This gun has lots of history in it. I know only small part of it. The old man talled some things that happened to him and were he used it and against who. Impressiv stories.

As I�´m a noob I don�´t know how to attach photos into the post. So I you wold be kind enough to tell me how I can modify the post later and add some pics of the gun. Unfortunately I don�´t have any pics of the two holsters. I�´ll get them soon.

Thanks

PS.
To identify the gun it is serial number 1983, but its restamped and the old number seems to be something 2868???

It�´s a DWM. It has a crown and under it a N

You�´ll see later pics when I get to know how to attach more pics in to the post. I know that without the pics it�´s impossible job to ID it.
Kazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
TzDreamer
User

kazim,

Welcome to, about the best site on the web!! I'm a newbie here myself, but in the short time I've been here I have learned so much!

As for pictures there is a tutorial on the "home page" that will help!

As for your Luger (remember I am a novice!) If I were to come across it at a gun show, I would think it was made up from several guns. From several years, and possibly different manufacturers (I'll let the more knowledgeable guys figure that one out)

Just keep working on the pictures. Keep in mind all those marks and numbers mean something and tell us much.

Maybe some one here knows if the Luger was ever issued to the Finnish military? If so could this be one of those. If so it could have seen a lot of service and like the M1 Garand had a lot of it's parts mixed in a similar manner.
TzDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #3
Larry Schoppe
User

Kazim go to www.gunsworld.com/p08_home_us.html and it will tell you everything you want to know about your gun as far as marking.
Larry Schoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2007, 07:54 PM   #4
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

We have all markings and specifications right here in the technical area...

http://www.lugerforum.com/techinfo.html
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote