LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 11-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
Wilhelm
User

Default Out of the loop on Nambus and need help

Hi guys,

I don't want anyone to think I'm fishing here. That is not my intention. But I see prices on Japanese pistols all over the map and I don't know what to think. I might end up selling these and I would like some opinions on values. I do know that things bring more money if you split the holster and pistol up. However, these were bringbacks so that is not an option. True, they have no capture papers but these came to me from friends a long time ago who in turn bought them from vets years ago. The Type 94 is 100% matching including one of the two mags. It also came home with a type 14 cleaning rod in the holster (shown with the Type 14 in the pictures). The pistol had alot of grease in it when I bought it and appears to have been shot little if at all. The holster has no issues. The Type 14 has seen some serious use and has a nice patina and an excellent barrel. The grips were changed out at some point in its life (during the war of course) but the left one actually has finger divots in it from being in someones hand an awful lot! You can't really see them but you can feel them. The firing pin and mags are mismatched and I think the cocking knob too...it's been a while since I had it apart. The rest is matching. The chrome mag is what it came with but the other one (the one in it in the pictures) is a blued original that I bought seperate. Its' holster is missing the little wooden insert (note the absence of stitching in that area) and the rear brass plate is missing from the keyhole closure. All four rivits are present though. Otherwise, it is fine with strong stitching and supple leather. So, other than the one magazine, these setups are as they were brought home all those years ago. I'm not even sure that I'm going to sell these but if I do, I have NO IDEA what the value of them is so any input would be helpful. Thanks!
Unread 11-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #2
Wilhelm
User

In case they don't show up in the above post:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040646.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	15639  

Name:	P1040648.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	15640  

Name:	P1040650.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	15641  

Name:	P1040647.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	15642  

Name:	P1040651.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	15643  

Unread 11-10-2010, 05:54 AM   #3
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,523 Times in 2,089 Posts

I would think the T94 with one matching mag and an extra mag and holster is about $700-$1000 (and I would go with the higher, rather than the lower if I was selling on my table)

The T14, even though it came back as a vet bring back (do you have anything that states it from the vet?), being mismatched and with a holster and rod, I would say $650-$800 (pistol around $400 because of condition, then $50 for the rod and $200-$300 for the holster).

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 12:58 AM   #4
Wilhelm
User

Thanks Ed!!