LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 06-09-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts
Default Look Out California Gun Control Decision!!!!!

Use The link below!! TKS
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to cirelaw for your post:
Unread 06-09-2016, 06:02 PM   #2
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,509 Posts

Link is bad... Perhaps:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...in-public.html
The following 2 members says Thank You to mrerick for your post:
Unread 06-09-2016, 08:55 PM   #3
Eugen
User

Thumbs down

Yes, I saw that ridiculous decision this morning. It is not only bad for CA, but could indicate a troubling trend in other states.
Do some misguided individuals really believe taking guns from law abiding citizens will make us safer?! The naive idiots...and bad guys are celebrating this court's decision
Unread 06-09-2016, 10:04 PM   #4
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

The unseen result rests with the changes in the Supreme Court New Justicies if named by who???
The following member says Thank You to cirelaw for your post:
Unread 06-09-2016, 10:05 PM   #5
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

The logic in the decision is so convoluted as to be tragic if not irrational.

Their position is based upon the fact that the Heller decision refers to the right to self defense being inherited from English law. They then go on to describe how English monarchs controlled the carrying of concealed weapons from 1200 through 1800.

Of course, they conveniently forget that the 2nd Amendment's guarantee against infringement for a personal right was written by men that had recently escaped the tyranny of the same Kings and Queens and wanted to prevent such abuses forever into the future.

Such tortured logic belongs in the Tower of London, not here...
The following 5 members says Thank You to mrerick for your post:
Unread 06-10-2016, 12:33 AM   #6
gunnertwo
User

You all read the part about Cali citizens not being able to "open carry". I know one of the reasons this suit was pursued is that since open carry was banned then the only avenue would be to get a concealed carry license. As it stands now, what options does a citizen have? The ruling will be appealed, whether the supreme court accepts remains to be seen. One more reason Hillary should never occupy the White House again.

G2
gunnertwo is online now   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to gunnertwo for your post:
Unread 06-10-2016, 03:33 AM   #7
Sergio Natali
User

Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,007 Posts

That's somehing I don't understand, if Americans don't have the right to carry their firearms why 45 states if I'm not wrong are issuing CC licenses and some other states allow open carry?
Unread 06-10-2016, 08:21 AM   #8
Olle
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luger.parabellum View Post
That's somehing I don't understand, if Americans don't have the right to carry their firearms why 45 states if I'm not wrong are issuing CC licenses and some other states allow open carry?
As far as I know, there is no federal law saying that you can't. However, every state can come up with their own additional laws, as long as they don't violate federal law. Simply put: state law needs to be more stringent than federal law. Some states have made the decision that guns need to be heavily regulated, which doesn't violate federal law (but violates the Constitution instead).

These states have seen a dramatic decline in gun crime, it's basically down to zero and their citizens don't fear walking around town after dark as they know that there are absolutely, positively no guns around. Even gang members in the most violent suburbs of large cities have turned in their guns, and have taken up knitting and stamp collecting instead...
The following member says Thank You to Olle for your post:
Unread 06-10-2016, 09:03 AM   #9
spacecoast
User

Quote:
Unfortunately the residents of a few states are being treated less and less like "Americans".
spacecoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2016, 09:52 AM   #10
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Sergio, to be clear, I am confident that Olle is being sarcastic about the safety of citizens in supposed "gun free" zones.

The United States is an interesting organizing structure for a country, based in "federation" of independent entities. Law in the USA is coordinated by our constitution at the national level, but very few and a limited number of rights was ceded by the states to the Federal government. For everything not specifically named in Federal law the responsibility to govern resides at the state level in the USA, not at the national level.

The states voluntarily "federated" together improving our commerce and defense and enabling our revolution against England. The states are still independent entities.

We have a saying that "all politics are local".

The dispute here is that the state of California has established restrictions that appear to conflict with our constitution. They were sued in Federal court, and that court (after appeal) has found that California's actions didn't violate the national constitution.

If a state in another Federal judicial district tried the same thing, they would likely be reversed on constitutional grounds by a court that is more rational and grounded in more conservative principles.

Most other states have much more rational laws governing the carrying of handguns. As you cross borders between states (and sometimes between counties and municipalities within states) the rules can change. Some of our states have recently improved their laws so that any citizen permitted to have a gun can carry one concealed.

Many of our states will accept another state's concealed carry permit or license. Even so, we have to act under different specific rules when we cross the border.

The fact is that the Federal constitution says that our right to bear arms "will not be infringed". It is only through very convoluted logic and an approach that stretches the imagination that California's laws could be found to be constitutional.

As a result, this Federal district court is the one that has been the most reversed in the USA.
Unread 06-10-2016, 10:01 AM   #11
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thank God For Florida!! A perfect example of a law that works and saves lives~
Unread 06-10-2016, 12:02 PM   #12
zinfull
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

This ruling was hear en blanc after it lost to a three panel judge. It started out as one person suing the Sheriff of San Diego and winning to remove the good cause statement. It was appealed to the 9 th court and the sheriff lost. The sheriff then decided to quit but then the CA attorney general jumped in and wanted to take the case on but was denied because early she refused to get involved. She took the rejection on and was again denied. So she had lose 2 times to revive the suit so it should have been over, but not in CA. A new head judge gets approved and all of sudden the case is back en blanc. Over a year later after the democratic Nomination is over they release the ruling. It all depends on where you live if you can get a ccw, good cause is from self defense to documented threat on your live that can not be over come any other way.
zinfull is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to zinfull for your post:
Unread 06-10-2016, 12:28 PM   #13
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Ridiculous!! Who decides?? Can a denial be appealed and to whom?
Unread 06-10-2016, 01:07 PM   #14
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

A typical liberal decision of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court in the Republik of Kalifornia... If Clinton or Sanders is elected... God help us all.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to John Sabato for your post:
Unread 06-10-2016, 01:29 PM   #15
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Amen!!!!!
Unread 06-10-2016, 02:36 PM   #16
Sergio Natali
User

Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,007 Posts

From abroad it looks as if in that State somebody is trying to pass a new anti gun law every now and then but as far as I have noticed those anti gun laws perhaps are not curtailing crimes nor criminals.
I might be wrong.
Unread 06-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #17
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Its what went wrong in Paris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 06-10-2016, 03:17 PM   #18
Eugen
User

Quote:
From abroad it looks as if in that State somebody is trying to pass a new anti gun law every now and then but as far as I have noticed those anti gun laws perhaps are not curtailing crimes nor criminals.
I might be wrong.
You would NOT be wrong. Chicago and Cook County have extremely tight gun control, as least much tighter than for us in down state Illinois.

The tighter the limits up there, the higher the crime rate and shootings. I have read data indicating rural IL has far more guns per capita, than the over-regulated Chicagoland, but we have a much lower crime and gun related deaths per capita rate, or something like that. Guns don't commit crime, people do. But, you already knew that.
Unread 06-10-2016, 03:19 PM   #19
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 06-10-2016, 09:44 PM   #20
Olle
User

Quote:
I might be wrong.
The simple (and by the anti-gun lobby overlooked) truth is that criminals, by definition, don't obey laws. You can just look at all these mass shootings that "could have been prevented by more legislation", and count the violations of the laws already in place: Diagnosed mental illness, straw purchases, under legal age, bringing guns to "gun free zones" and of course murder. Something tells me that these guys don't give a rat's ass about the laws, so I can't for the life of me see how more laws would help.
The following member says Thank You to Olle for your post: