LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 09-17-2001, 04:50 PM   #1
66mustang

Default Tales of the Gun

Well for the 1st time I saw the Tales of the Gun Luger edition. Very nice, was interesting to see so many authors I have books on and to actually see part of Ralphs collection!

Very cool, will have to order that tape and probably the Nambu one too. {I have a thing for WW2 guns}

Ed

Unread 09-17-2001, 11:39 PM   #2
BILL
User

Default Re: Tales of the Gun

They can be ordered online at A&E. I bought the Luger tape and I think it was $29. I haven't seen the Nambu but now I have to go look it up (a pleasure, actually)Thanks.

Unread 09-19-2001, 04:11 PM   #3
TIMOTHY CANNEY

GREAT VIDEO! RALPH'S BOOK IS EQUALLY COOL. A MUST HAVE.

TIM

Unread 09-19-2001, 06:50 PM   #4
66mustang

I wondered about ralphs book, guess I'll order it for my birthday,

Ed

Unread 09-19-2001, 08:49 PM   #5
Steve
User

I looked on the web page www.anade.com and found the other episodes of "Tales of the Gun" but not one for the Luger. a search for "the story of the gun" also turned up a program on Mauser.

Unread 09-19-2001, 09:07 PM   #6
Thor
User

Amazon.com sells it for $17.99 but you may have to wait a few weeks for delivery! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0767019830/qid=1000948034/sr=2-1/ref=sr_8_1_1/104-0858641-7806306

Unread 09-19-2001, 10:41 PM   #7
Big Norm
RIP

There are two versions on the Luger by Tales of the Gun. One has Shattuck in it and the other does not.

Big Norm

Unread 09-20-2001, 09:39 AM   #8
Mark M.
User

Gruss Gott,alle!

I just got the History Channel added to my cable service and was lucky enough to see the Luger segment by chance.Ralph Shattuck was in the one I saw.Some of the footage showed pictures similar to some Thor mailed my way (thanks Ted!).I would definitely want that version.When trying to order this video,is there any way one can know which version is which?TIA for any help on this one.

Tschuss! Mark M.

Unread 09-22-2001, 01:39 AM   #9
Big Norm
RIP

I made two copies of the History of the Gun Luger show that I made from TV. I don't know if they show the different versions. Since the show is shown twice in the same night I may have made both copies the same day. So they may not show the differences. I remember thinking when I saw the second version that maybe the producers didn't like Shattucks comment that "things made to kill people cannot be considered beautiful". Or something to that effect. I know that I thought that was an odd thing for Shattuck to say for a show like this. But thats his opinion.

I remember seeing on the show Ralphs prize which was an artillery that was engraved with Hiram Maxims name from Georg Luger. That was cool. So was the price of $400,000. I talked to Ralph at a OGCA show about that gun. He also told me that he had a chance to buy the supposedly Adolph Hitlers PPK with the AH on the handles for $300 and he passed it up for something else. That made me feel better about passing up some good Lugers that I now kick myself for not buying. I didn't ask what he bought in place of the supposed Adolph Hitler PPK. But I think that another show of History of the Gun put it at $300,000. I don't know about you guys, but some of these prices on guns just flabergast me.

Big Norm