LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Unread 03-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #1
txm3761
User

Default 1st post holster question

hi folks. i'm new to the world of lugers having recently aquired a mauser dated 1940 and i have spent some time here on the forum in an attempt to educate myself. the wealth of information here is truly awesome!
my question regards the holster that came with the gun. it is stamped on the backside just above the beltloops "K.W.K. 1939" there is also a small spread winged eagle. no other markings on the holster. in all of my search i have yet to see another example of this manufacturers stamp. this pistol was and holster was brought back from europe by a family friend after ww2. the holster is in vg condition tight stiching, intact belt loops, magazine and loading tool pouches. i will post pictures. in the meantime, is anyone familiar with K.W.K? any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks for a great, informative forum.

tom
txm3761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
Hugo Borchardt
User

KWK may be a tough one to track down! Previous discussion:
http://luger.gunboards.com/showthrea...id-help-needed!

Post some photos, please!

My militaria collection is dedicated to the memory of my Grandfather, Marine Gunnery Sergeant Dave Hill, Jr., wounded in action at The Assault of the Second Marine Division on Betio Island, Tarawa Atoll, 20-23 November, 1943. http://www.tarawa1943.com/pages/casualties%20tarawa.htm
Hugo Borchardt is offline   Reply With Quote