View Single Post
Unread 08-05-2022, 01:59 AM   #3
Doubs's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Byron, Georgia
Posts: 1,575
Thanks: 651
Thanked 1,312 Times in 448 Posts

G.T., when a shotgun's stock is biased to one side or the other it's called cast off or cast on. The stock you describe has cast on for a right handed shooter.

I bought a Winchester Model 101 O/U shotgun when I was in England and had a gunsmith there apply cast on to the stock. It was done by using hot oil to soften the wood fibers and then bending. I hold my head up and when I bring the shotgun to my shoulder the rib is perfectly aligned with my eye. I do not have to tilt my head over the comb.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote