View Single Post
Unread 10-31-2020, 03:23 PM   #21
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantman View Post
Hi Sieger:

These work well with good (Mec-gar) mags. No jamming. This is especially true with the 9.0gr. loads. Snappy function, primers slightly less round after firing, compared to the 8.5 grainers. I have found in my PO8s that they are more sensitive to COL variations and magazine quality than to how hot the load is. I start to get more feed jams when the COL hits the 1.165" range, which is close to spec for WW whitebox. Feeding was much better with Magtech ammo which is nominally 1.155" in their 115 FMJ offering. So I started loading to 1.155" I like the AA#7 because a double charge would overflow the case, thus being easier to detect in a progressive loader.
Hi,

German Army round nose ball was loaded between 1.169 and 1.173 inches. For best function in a Luger, with Meg-Gar magazines, these lengths will feed very trustworthily.

Those powder charges seem way too high to me, but i would have to shoot your actual loadings to verify this. If you are experiencing breach-block slam at these charge weights, you will eventually damage your very fine Luger.

Respectfully,

Sieger

Last edited by Sieger; 11-03-2020 at 11:16 PM.
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote