View Single Post
Unread 03-11-2021, 03:19 PM   #13
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default shooter!

Thanks to V for posting the pictures, I'm challenged by computers? We don't speak the same language? ...... But, I have some great forum friends that help me thru the rough spots!
As for the shooter, it doesn't get to be much more of a mutt that this one? Still, the only parts that are not original, are the side plate assembly, and the barrel? The barrel is the standard 9MM but is/ was total un-marked? Probably Sarco or Numrich from years past. I'm sure they sold many thousands. It is nicely polished and blued, and fit up perfectly... The side plate assembly, I've had forever. Or so it seems, as I can't remember the source? But is fit up great as well, and worked without any adjustment or delicate fitting or tuning...
The frame is an Early Erfurt frame (so I was told) I got recently and is the least condition part on the whole gun. It has pitting under both grip plates, but it doesn't show except for the RH front frame rail. A good TIG welder and a dip in the bluing tank, and the gun would look some fresher. But, as V mentioned above, it has a little bit of old wear and charm that i don't find displeasing in any event. The grips are original and fit nicely. Looks like they have been on it forever, but in reality, only a few weeks...
When I get frames and receivers from gun shows, forums, or business trades, this is usually how they end up. Generally in the hands of a new member or beginning collector. I don't make much if any on them, but enjoy making them shoot right, and making my fellow enthusiast happy! Best to all, til.....lat'r.....GT...
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 10 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: