Thread: Luger Grips :)

Default Re: Luger Grips :)

Bill;

They are probably a very light Walnut; I have seen some European walnut that is almost yellow even after a finish has been applied. I can stain walnut to have the reddish color of the grips on that transition Luger. I agree that it is a beautiful color on those grips. The Cocobolo wood is a beautiful wood and comes in a variety of colors, some with plain grain and some with nicely figured grain. I usually order a dozen at a time from SARCO and get a mixture of dark and light grips. I presently have several pair of light blonde Cocobolo. I have also seen Cocobolo that is the same reddish color that the grips in the picture have. I will pick out a pretty pair of what I have on hand and do the border checkering on them and post on this board for everyone to see. Then you can decide how you like them. It will probably be a couple of weeks, as I you guys keep sending me old grips to redo and I need to work on the baby also. I am also refinishing the stock on a Mannlicher Schoenauer that I just bought.