View Single Post
Unread 07-12-2015, 08:35 PM   #12
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,348 Times in 2,038 Posts

Thanks guys for all the help, info and ideas.

But the old model works just fine as is, being substantially different from the "Modified and Improved Erma "SE 08/2" model of 1990.

While I have yet to fire it, dry cycling loads and ejects just fine.

Why-
The early sub cal adaptors eject on the "horns" of the magazine, at least that is what they are called in Sturgess' book. If you have access, it is on page-1612, where differences in the old and improved SE 08/02 are detailed. The magazine was substantially changed, and a separate ejector added.

The old kit does not use the conical nut nor the washer either, but rather a brass bushing on one end of the extension- see the picture I posted. But it does use two nuts which serve to "jam" so as to prevent unscrewing. The "end" nut is flat on one side and rounded on the other, and a little oval shaped when viewed from the side, and a little longer than the one I have in my photo, to protect the end of the insert barrel.

I will find or make another nut, best I can measure it is 8mm x 0.5 pitch, or maybe 0.75 pitch.

Will try it out Tuesday, and know for sure.

A friend of mine has an early kit in the long box with all the goodies, except the wood handled cleaning rod.

I doubt anyone has a spare for sale- but thought I'd ask. I'm going to make him one to fill up the empty space in the box. The Erma guys were so thoughtful in designing the box, they even put in a cut out to hold the original pistol ejector so it would not get lost! and the original toggle is suppose to fit in the space for the .22 toggle, as is the magazine in the magazine space.

I'll get a picture of his kit in box next time I see it, to post here.
DonVoigt is offline   Reply With Quote