View Single Post
Unread 04-21-2002, 03:03 PM   #6
Art Buchanan

Default Re: Revisit Baby Lugers

It seems that we use the term "Baby' rather loosely. The two original Lugers I have seen and ones I make are probably more appropriately called 7 shot conversions. The 2 originals I have seen had the GL on rear toggle and I believe were in the 10,000 range. The Bulgarian is pictured in The Multi-National Pistol by Kenyon. The one at Simpsons was pictured on front of one of his lists last year. Perhaps the true "Baby" is the 1/2 size .380 pictured in Lugers at Random. This baby first appeared in print and pictures in the Sept. 1962 issue of Shooting times. I still have the article. I have seen another seven shot conversion by person unknown that had a straight front strap like 29 Swiss. Looked ugly to me and surely required more work. I have a conversion about complete on which the owner wants bl. left full length and leave the stock lug. I have more photos to post here if someone will let me email to them and they post. As I posted earlier---I call my Babies Lady Manchester conversions and they are so marked on frame under grip.