View Single Post
Unread 12-10-2001, 08:15 PM   #25
Art Buchanan

Default Re: Small Minds

I supose one could be offended by the term small minds since it appears to be directed at a particular person. To me the word KRAUT is a term long associated with WWII history and is just a figure of speach with no disrespect intended to anyone. Is this a Luger forum or a Political forum for narrow minds? Let's talk about Lugers here and stop the picky crap and continuous jumping on every little thing. Some of the guys that I know off line are afraid to ask serious questions or make a comment because the chosen few eat them up. I spent many years in state government, attended repeated sensitivity training and wrote many affirmative action plans. Maybe I missed something. In 25 years no one ever mentioned that the word kraut was offensive. My point was Jerry----don't jump on guys here. If you don't like the word---then pretend you didn't see it. The word was not directed at you. To whom were you refering as small minds? Probably me, but so what! I would rather talk about Lugers. I am not offended by the small minds words but it does bother me that you kind of made it personal.