View Single Post
Unread 07-31-2004, 12:37 PM   #20
Pete Ebbink
User

Found this info. from our own John D. from last year about the color of HK holsters. Thought I would post it here, in case some folks missed it...

" Also, as to black or brown being "correct" - the answer is "yes", either may be considered as being "correct". In looking at verified "RIGS" (those coming back as a "RIG", where the holster has not been changed or added or "improved"), Perhaps you will notice some interesting characteristics:

G Date - primarily black (only two have been noted as "RIGS" however - so it it an insignificant sample);
S - Early and Mid - primarily black with some "brown".
Late S - Black primarily;
"36" and "1936" - about 75% black and 25% brown;
1937 - about 60% black and 40% brown;
1940 - about 55% black and 45% brown;
1941 - All black with 3 brown exceptions noted;
1942 and later - Primarily Black

It's interesting, that the preponderance of Brown holsters noted are in the highest productions years - which also may coincide with the Luftwaffe procurement from Mauser for their overall Luger allocation - and coincide with Mauser "peak years". (BTW - this information is from my own database - which can NOT be quoted without permission). However, I'll let folks speculate further as to how/when/where verified brown holsters are properly E/2 proofed - but it should lead to some interesting conclusions, comments and questions..!

Best to all..! "
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote