View Single Post
Unread 04-05-2002, 11:49 AM   #3
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Thanks Marvin....

I really appreciate your support and comments. As well, there are other issues that I have to address in operating this site - those of libel, slander and defamation. Now - a person can post something, and not view it as "libelous" - but it really doesn't matter what they think, it is how those comments are viewed by the person/business they are talking about. If that person/entity feels they are being libeled - guess who they sue?

Now - I could take the combined revenue that this site provides, and invest in liability insurance and legal support - but I'm afraid $0 doesn't buy me much. And until someone feels strong enough that they "have the right" to post "anything at all" and sends me a monthly check to offset those expenses for protection (which is about $1,650 per month for a typical $2 million insurance policy - plus legal fees if there is a claim) - then folks can abide by the TOS and Decorum. They protect both them and me (as much as they can given todayĆ¢??s propensity to "sue anyone for anything").

Anyway - sorry I got a little excited this AM - but having been down this road before, the scenery looked way too familiar...