View Single Post
Unread 12-10-2001, 12:07 AM   #20
mlm

Default Re: KRAUT OFFICERS

I would like Mr. Canney to relate the story, as best he can recall it, he was told by "Ralph" when he was sold the pistol. I am very interested to hear what he was told. Did someone identify this "Ralph" more specifically?

Thanks.

I just looked inside a new luger photo book last weekend in Virginia and was surprised to see a chromed luger with claims that legit chrome lugers may exist. No claim was made the photographed luger was chromed at the factory (it did not look like a quality job but looked like a typical post-war chrome-job). The carefully made statements ended with a suggestion that a documented legit chrome luger is a valuable prize--of course, no known legit chrome lugers have been validated but that was not mentioned in the text.

Methinks the luger field could use some serious compilation of evidence and information regarding luger identification. World of Lugers and Luges at Random are rather dated, incomplete and in need of correction. Still's books are good for the militaries. Perhaps we should compile a new, updated reference.