View Single Post
Unread 12-07-2001, 03:16 PM   #17
Marvin
User

Default Re: GI Modification

Tom,

My dad arrived in Europe at the end of the war so he was not in combat with Germany, but while there, he did have a German girlfriend somewhere in Bavaria, as he talked about how much he loved the Black Forest area and Munich. Anyway, on with my story; his girlfriend gave him a Russian Nagant revolver and a Tokarev, both with holsters, which her brother had brought back from the Eastern Front when on leave one time. Since German Citizens were not allowed to own any weapons in late 1945, she was scared that she or other family members would be jailed if cought with having these pistols. She did not know if her brother was alive, or captured, but decided to give him the pistols. The holster for the Tokarev had the belt loops modified to the German style, so I would assume the brother had worn the pistol during the time before they were brought home. This was a bit of luck he had bringing them to the US when returned as GIs were not allowed to bring them without paperwork and dad had to sneak into the US. I wish now he had gotten some paperwork on them.

Marvin