View Single Post
Unread 03-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #28
ChrisLL
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieger View Post
Chris,

VV 3N37 is a good powder for the 9mm, as it was designed, specifically, as a 9mm military powder. With 3N37, I get the desired velocity and the desired accuracy I'm looking for.

Tight Group was tested by me years ago. For me, it was too fast and not all that accurate; generally a mediocre powder at best. With Tight Group velocity wasn't a problem, but accuracy was.

Breach Block Slap is something you can really feel in the web of your hand. The last time I experience it was with some red hot Chinese ammo. In fact, this ammo was so hot, the pistol reacted as if it wanted to jump out of my hand!!!

For many of the faster powders, I can not reach the accuracy level I want before the system "overloads" and starts the slapping process. The medium and medium/slow powders give you more "room" to find an accurate load, that will function your Luger perfectly, before the slapping process occurs.

If you will only be target shooting, I suggest Bullseye Powder. For 124 gr. bullets, my accuracy load is only 3.7 grs. I've shot 7 touching with this load, and it develops adequate power to properly function the action reliably. With this powder, you can achieve excellent accuracy, while maintaining low, non-threating pressures and velocities.

Here is my specific load:

Winchester Commercial Cases
Remington 1 1/2 Primers
Hornady 124 gr. FMJFP (the so called Airforce Bullet)
O.A.L. 28.7 mm (critical for jam free operation
Bullseye Powder 3.7 grs.

Good shooting!!

Sieger
Hello again Sieger,

I was able to get hold of some Bullseye powder! Waiting for some 125g. cast bullets and right now have only 115 g. bullets. Any suggestions for Bullseye for 115g.?

Thanks! - Chris
ChrisLL is offline   Reply With Quote