Unread 11-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #14
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
That's for registered pistols/long guns. This sounds like he is selling 'parts kits' from guns confiscated by the police...Perhaps from someone who died with no heirs (or heirs prohibited from handgun ownership) and it is easier to sell off 'parts kits' than to get an FFL and sell complete handguns...
In the early 1970's, I had a friend, who worked in the Safety Office of the Philadelphia Police department who dealt in such parts 'kits'... I remember purchasing at least two M1911A1 kits @ $35.00 each that included everything except the serialized frames which I sourced from Essex, Inc. I never questioned the sources of those parts kits... but I also never had any doubt about where they came from either. I have no problem with recycling the useable parts of guns obtained from criminals, while at the same time complying with the law about destruction of the original weapons.

I built one of those guns for a WW2 vet who had been an MP and always wanted a .45 to remember his service. The slide was made by Union Switch and Signal... (wish I had kept that one!).

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote