View Single Post
Unread 12-01-2012, 03:38 AM   #50
mauro
FIREARM HISTORIAN AND AUT

Default Paul, Georg and Hugo...

Dear Fellows,
I have noticed an increased interest in the study of the personalities involved in the design and production of our favorite firearms.

This makes me happy because, as most probably you know, I am spending most of my time, with Gerben, studying the Paul Mauser archive documents.

As you most probably know, Paul Mauser, Georg Luger and Hugo Borchardt were in touch; Georg Luger worked for a few years for Mauser until when decided to copy and patent some of his technical solution…
Same thing happens with Hugo Borchardt.

The study of the biography is for sure interesting but what it is really fascinating is the relationship between these personalities.

Hugo and Paul kept a friend relationship and both hate Georg Luger that, as we described in our book The Parabellum is back! 1945 – 2000, for sure had some morality issues.

In any case, a few days ago I have taken this picture that I guess you appreciate because it is a bunch of rare documents.

You can notice several letters from Paul Mauser to, for example the Kaiser, Hugo Borchardt and Georg Luger. On the right, you can see letters of Georg Luger to Paul Mauser when he was working for Paul about the “Mannlicher business”.

These letters are rare documents but as you most probably know, letter from and to Hugo Borchardt, are absolutely rare and, as far as I know, this is the only example I was able to see till now.

High quality pictures can be found in the Paul Mauser archive web site:
http://www.paul-mauser-archive.com/

I am sure you enjoy these documents.

Mauro

Click image for larger version

Name:	Letters_good1_rights_red.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	30350
The following 3 members says Thank You to mauro for your post: