View Single Post
Unread 09-09-2001, 01:27 AM   #16
David Jackson
User

Default Re: ok Luger guys (& girls), opinions please...

I am in the same boat you are; I don't have any shooters either! I only have 6 Lugers; all of which I own instead of stocks and bonds, etc. One day, dying to shoot one of them, I took out my 2 line Stoeger Arty (in pretty nice shape as it has led a sheltered life, no wars and so on don't you know)and shot a few rounds through it; super neat can't wait to do it again! However, I am also sensitive to comments about breaking a serial numbered part of a pretty scarce gun (Still estimates 200 made and knows of 9).

I think the best thing for those of us who like to think we are collectors/investors is to find shooters; only trouble is that as a self styled collector/investor the shooters I see are a), kind of expensive for what they appear to be; and b), kind of absolute junk! As a collector I don't want to buy junky looking stuff! As a collector I don't want to turn collectable quality stuff into junk!

I don't know the answer except to figure out a way to get so rich I don't care. Any suggestions on how to do that?