View Single Post
Unread 09-21-2010, 06:04 AM   #43
jamese
User

Quote:
I'm having a hard time comprehending how this weapon is devalued by up to 80% just because it was marked with an import stamp and re-sold commercially in the 70s. I understand collectors can be finicky, but I'm just having a hard time understanding that logic
Nick,
sorry "mad" was the wrong choice of words. What I should have said was, that you ask for opinions from members of this forum, and when they give you an honest appraisal of the value, you think our logic is some how flawed because you don't agree with what was said.

I think alot of people have been giving you good advice on how to handle the situation. Go out and shoot the gun, you cant hurt the $ value at this point, and as others have said, the value in that gun has nothing to do with money. Its the fact that your mother is willing to spend a considerable sum on gift that she thinks is important to you or your father.

Its like when my kids make trinkets or drawings at school and give them to me at Christmas.
The monetary value is null, but the smiles and the joy they feel giving me these gifts far exceed anything they could ever buy for me.

So don't disappoint her and value the gun as she did when she bought it, and as a gift as it was intended.
"truth is a matter of perception"

Jim