View Single Post
Unread 11-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #20
egillette
User

Default Thanks, I am soaking it

Thanks a gain to all, Matt, Bill, Ed, sorry if I missed anyone.
I field stripped it, not too hard but left the toggle and bolt and all together, and put it in a plastic bag with the magazine, but minus the grips of course and filled it with PB Blaster which I have had pretty good luck at dissolving rust. I am going to check with my NAPA friend to see if he can find the Kroil. I have to get some steel wool, I use to always have it but can not find it, I guess I want to go easy even with 000. How about the barrel? I would like to shoot it someday, and it has a few rusty spots, I have a couple stainless bore brushes from my PPC revolver days where we routinely used them to remove the leading, should I try to get the rust out with them?
Sorry for all the questions, just one more on history. Is it true these were Luftwaffe, ( German Air Corps) firearms, and were they issued officer, enlisted or what and were they even used during WW2. I respect the years of knowledge and expertise here and would like to have a little history from the horses mouth so to speak. I am finally appreciating the history that firearms represent and try to have a little with each firearm I acquire.
Also thanks for the offers, I am a member of the OGCA(Ohio) and may try to trade it for a better looking shooter, anything really that will represnt the Lugers place in WW2 history, I would love to have one with a holster. I'll shut up.
Thanks again, Ed
egillette is offline   Reply With Quote