View Single Post
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:19 PM   #5
MarkC
User

Aaron,

Did you get the serial number of the gun you bought?

All gun purchases I make I require the serial number from the seller that way you can say it was "stolen" and report it to the police with the serial number.

I also send a letter with my check FedEx or with the post office as "certified mail" so the seller has to sign for the money, now you have a case with the police. (PO Money Order for guys I don't know)

Many years ago I was "ripped" off by a guy who was known as a thief and the local PD needed that information to recover my property, he got away with it. ... and had sold the same sear to other people. ... I did not have a case!

With the many transactions since that time, only one guy who was not a thief and had legal problems with a restraining order (gun collection confiscated) have I had to contact the local police to get my property back.

It worked and I recovered my guns from the PD after many, many months of hard work.

Wish you the best with the local police, they can't help without information about the property in question.

If the gun belongs to Ron Smith or Ed Tinker I require two forms of ID sent via fax to my office ...... errrr ..... not really ...... just kiddin' !!!

Mark