View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #11
A.Mifsin
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Wood View Post
There are a number of pretty good reproduction copies out there. Some of them are honestly marked (such as Chuck-D's example), but there are some that give no indication that they have been reproduced. I have an original and a good reproduction. An original copy will be printed on a smooth, fairly glossy, paper and unless they have been maintained with virtually no exposure to the air they will have a yellowish cast. The reproductions, on the other hand, have a dull ordinary bond paper texture and generally are very white/bright in appearance. The cover of an original will also exhibit a more faided almost orange cast. The original paper is thinner so the overall thickness of the manual is perhaps 1/3 thinner. The staples that bind the manual are closer toghether on the original, being about 2 3/8" apart at their closest dimension, while the reproduction staples are seperated by nearly 2 7/8". The original is bout 1/16" taller and 1/16" narrower than the reproduction and the corners have a smaller radius. On the copy, the "Contents" page is printed on the back of the first page that shows the title and the skeletonized view of the Luger, so there is only one blank page at the rear of the booklet. On the original, the "Contents" page is on a seperate page, consequently there are two blank pages at the rear.

I regret to say that I agree with Albert that the example shown may be a reproduction. Copies have been around for a long time.
Ron, is it possible to have some varations in an Original Manual? or, all your points mentioned have to be correct to be Original ?
Thanks
Aff.