View Single Post
Unread 10-07-2001, 02:25 PM   #3
Aaron
Banned

Default San Diego's Sanitized Show

I have just attended my last sanitized gun show in San Diego. It seems as though the foaming at the mouth anti-gun crowd in Sacramento has finally accomplished their purpose. As far as I can see, this show is finished as far as gun collecting goes. For $6 parking and $8 admission you get the privilege of strolling through aisles filled with jewelry, dishes, and old books. Occasionally there is a new gun dealer for the Glock crowd, but why not just go to your local dealer? You still have to wait ten days either way, and the price is the same. The entire show only had about ten at the most collectible pistols, most of which were Russian imports at around $500. I saw one FN Model 22, late war, excellent condition, priced way too high at $450, and a handfull of M1 carbines. I hope this is not what lies in store for the rest of the country, but the gun show in California has been all but regulated out of existence. Incidentally, one individual raised a terrible fuss and made it all over the TV news programs by objecting to a sign in his neighborhood advertising the gun show. He said they had enough crime already and the sign was too near a school. I didn't know criminals went to gun shows to buy guns in California. It looked to me like they were buying belt buckles and jewelry. Oh yes, I didn't see one box cutter for sale!