View Single Post
Unread 07-14-2004, 02:35 PM   #11
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hey Pete..!

First - let me re-state - it looks like a correct HK holster - BUT, I don't believe it was originally issued with that HK (#5665).....

In short - that serial number places it directly in the 1936 production run - one of the largest runs that HK delivered. During that time, given how the HKs were issued - it's highly doubtful that the holster would be serialized. Later fulfillment years - yes, quite possibly. Most probably not in 1936 or 1937 - and not on the 1936/37 RIGS I've examined.

Second - when/as issued - the holsters were manufacturer marked during that production era. Your's is not marked.

Third - look at the digets - specificially the "6". From the photo - it's looks like a different numeral die set then found on my "1936" holsters/HKs.

Fourth - look at the LWaA2. Maybe it's the picture, but the head and the "2" appear distorted based on what I expected to see. The good news is - that, it's still very well defined as it wasn't placed where it would become burnished by the firearm.

I still think it's an amourers replacement for the original holster...
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote