View Single Post
Unread 08-06-2018, 08:57 AM   #13
Rick W.
User

Thinking back, I believe I remember two versions of the 357 B&D. I think the basic difference was in the shoulder angle. One was much sharper than the other later one?

I have the gentle sloped version reamer. Bought off PTG's clearance rack. Not experienced any setback in my conversion so far; ie no locking up of the cylinder. Have lost some cases on fireforming, but relearned what heat is for in that process(annealing), solved that and a proper load.

My S&W 53 in 22Jet will lock up the cylinder with a middle load and an oily chamber. Locks up the cylinder dead tight. So now, I have learned to lighten up some on the load and clean the cylinder's chambers with a oil removing solvent before shooting.

always heard that the lockup in the jet was due to its long sloping shoulder. Not heard that with the 22 superjets though with the more conventional shape/shoulder in a revolver. The 224 Harvey Kay-Chuk does well in a K frame as well. Looking for a K frame to mount the K22 barrel and cylinder on, have the old Harvey reamer now; but no gumption due to our heat here. even considered the 22 Long Snapper in a K frame but no reamer yet. Just fun stuff..........
Rick W. is offline   Reply With Quote