View Single Post
Unread 08-05-2018, 09:55 PM   #11
Rick W.
User

The 357 Bain & Davis is like an old friend. It has been around a long time. I suspect that the B&D shop in California still will rechamber a N frame cylinder. Of course, Thompson Contenders were done in the day as well.

I too used a Smith Wesson 27, with a extra cylinder off ebay. I only have a lathe, so I used a poor man's version of an English bell chuck to center the chamber to the reamer/tailstock. I used a test indicator to zero the chambers. More work than your jig, but one uses what one has or can make. I can only dream of a nice mill and attachments.

My S&W 27 in B&D version is a pinto, blue cylinder in a nickeled revolver, like yours a 8 3/8". Been pondering doing the 3 1/2" spare 27 revolver, but times change I guess, never done it yet.

I believe the B&D or the 357/44mag wildcat versions will equal the newer, longer 357 maximum without the longer cylinder of say the V40 Dan Wesson. The V40 is a nice revolver, but really large one might say. I saw a picture once of a Dan Wesson revolver in 7mm-08 if my memory still serves some, a prototype only.

Thanks for reviving the wildcat versions, made my day.........
Rick W. is offline   Reply With Quote