View Single Post
Unread 12-22-2020, 02:28 AM   #11
grantman
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubs View Post
That they do. My standard load for my 9mm Lugers is seen in the picture below on the far right. It's the 115 grain Berry's plated bullet over 5.6 grains of Hodgdon CFE Pistol powder. Loaded to an OAL of 1.100", they feed beautifully in my Lugers.

For use in my more modern 9mm pistols, I have to seat the Berry bullets deeper because of chamber differences.

For years I used the Lyman 121 grain TC cast bullet and it also worked beautifully. It is similar to the TC cast bullet in the picture that is actually for my .30 Lugers.
Thanks for the load info. I have never used CFE and I know nothing about it. I'm always looking for new propellants. Can you tell me more about it?

I have had very good luck with the following:

Home cast Lee 124 grain TC (Lyman #2 alloy).
Rooster Jacket tumble lube
3.8 Grains Bullseye. ( a modest load, per Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook) New formula Bullseye is very clean burning and meters well.
Federal case, Winchester small pistol primer
C.O.L. 1.075" taper crimp
Perfect function in my mixmaster PO8. I color primers with a sharpie and this load does not scuff the ink upon firing. Primers are softly round with no pocket-filling or expansion. Cycling seems very gentle. No leading.
grantman is offline   Reply With Quote