View Single Post
Unread 09-26-2019, 05:42 PM   #8
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrKaiser View Post
Jaw dropping craftsmanship. That pistol would be a centerpiece in virtually any collection. The only things I can think of that I would even bother entertaining taking over it would be a “GL” marked Luger or the original US Test .45 Luger.

OK, Lets not go crazy. But let us tell what we see...The matching magazine bottom is fake. A Nazi Eagle and matching numbers is an alarming tell..it tells me somebody gave some though to this but not enough. Anything like this is a big red pointed arrow to say..take a closer look.

The engraving..deluxe factory engraving, especially full coverage is extensive but elegant in it's coverage. What I see here is the overuse of stippling circles into dead spaces. Also crosshatching on places like the backstrap and side of the trigger ..WAY overkill.

The grips, the right grip looks Dutch. On a German presentation piece..one would certainly expect to see the grips that came with the pistol. AND on one such as this..perhaps some wood carving to boot?

The gold inlay. Typical of American inscribers, certainly not German. Too..look at the gold sub over the chamber. Could be a cigar. It just doesn't/isn't clear enough for German presentation IMO. Not compared to anything else the Germans used like the U-boat badge.

It's a neat gun and as the OP says it is what it is..but let's tell it like it is.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 8 members says Thank You to lugerholsterrepair for your post: