View Single Post
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #16
mystical_tutor
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Tinker View Post
NO

You have specialized guns and Davis' book that this is made from has probably some better pricing than others, but he has many inaccuracies.

There are scores of gun shops around that have lugers and values. Some are listed here, others are stickies (beginning of each section of the forum, at the top of the pages) - just read the title and see if it is something that matches what you are trying to read about. You can also do the search option - try different words.

If you can't figure it out or don't trust on-line, then I suggest you take it to the gun show and someone will likely get a bargain
Thank you for your good advice. I have found some online dealers other than Simpson. A friend is helping me with this searching process. Problem, as stated at the start is there are few Navy's and even fewer Krieghoff's available for a pricing range. When I was on this board a year or two ago I found it very helpful, and did end up selling a couple pieces and finding something I really wanted. So, I'm back. I'll try picture taking again with the Krieghoff but hate to clutter your board with "worthless" pictures.

SN's. Quite frankly, I'm not sure who the "bad guys" are anymore or who they will be in the future. No one needs to know a SN to offer advice on value, unless that # is really unique or way out of some known range.

Thanks again and please keep the good advice coming.

Major Gary Adkison, (USA-RET)
mystical_tutor is offline   Reply With Quote