View Single Post
Unread 03-29-2022, 06:16 PM   #15
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,611 Times in 525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVoigt View Post
Doubs, Not everyone "knows" everything as a fact- so I think the suggestions and observations as written serve to warn anyone that "it" is not original- the stated fact that "it is a full reblue" is sufficient to remove it from "original" in most anyone's assessment, JMHO.
Your points are well taken. As always, it's "caveat emptor".

Quote:
I never said that the Erfurt receiver was correct for any 1918 L P08; I was correcting on your erroneous statement that there were "no" 1918 L P08s with a fine tune sight.
Nor did I say that you did. I pointed it out because it stuck out like a sore thumb... to me. WRT the fine tune sights, like everything Luger, there always seem to be anomalies that make blanket statements incorrect. Fine tune sights on a 1918 Artillery are clearly very rare but a few obviously exist. I've never seen one.

Quote:
I'd forgive anyone for not recognizing that the receiver is Erfurt made- it takes someone deep in the weeds to recognize the proofing, since the Erfurt eagle on the barrel is correct even on a DWM L P08.
I agree with that. I've always found it interesting that DWM seems to have gotten large numbers of Artillery barrels from Erfurt. I also sometimes see Erfurt breechblocks on DWM Lugers. I'm sure that wartime pressures for turning out Lugers as rapidly as possible caused DWM to use Erfurt parts when necessary.

Quote:
I can't explain the similar fonts on the barrel and frame either, or the police sear cut side plate; the receiver is obviously re-numbered- but the rest seems to match in font anyway.
Whoever ends up with it, I hope they are satisfied with their purchase. They will at least have the experience of shooting an Artillery Luger and that's a good thing.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to Doubs for your post: