View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2022, 10:27 AM   #19
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

The photos don't show sharp focus detail in areas that would be critical to judge the pistol, and the appearance may be related to the lighting that the photographer is using in the lightbox, but the impression I have from the barrel, front locking bolt, and edges of the acceptance marks is that the Luger's receiver (at minimum) and locking bolt has been refinished and buffed.

It's very difficult to judge finish without the gun in hand. Also, the seller has given you photo after photo without showing the key image of the front of the frame above the trigger guard where the pistol's legal serial number with the suffix letter is shown. They don't know Lugers.

i would be inclined to offer no more than a shooter Luger's value on buying this. Perhaps $1200 in today's market - more if I had it in hand and could confirm it's original finish and all matching.

is the magazine matching? Is it period correct? Was it manipulated to match, or factory matching? Good sharp photos would help us judge this, and it would add to value if factory matching.
The following 3 members says Thank You to mrerick for your post: