View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2017, 05:15 PM   #43
gunbugs
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 1,139 Times in 377 Posts

My opinion, and it is only that, so it means little in the long run except to me....is that I'm kinda middle of the road on this subject. I've had the opportunity to be educated/mentored over the years by an advanced "collector" who lives near to me. Recently, I have turned my attention to aquiring a few lugers, primarily Mauser WW2 guns. Most of what I have bought has been "matching" except for the magazines, and I have had to acquire holsters separately. One of the Lugers, an S/42 1939 date, has a mismatched firing pin, this doesn't really "bother" me, but I am not averse to obtaining one with a "matching" number. I don't feel this is "dishonest" in any way, and will not affect the "originality" of the gun any more than the mismatched part that is in it. If, and when, I sell off that particular gun, I'll let the buyer know what I've done. But that, in the end, is just how I do things. I do try to be aware of my surroundings when I buy expensive guns, and perform my due diligence. In the end, "Caveat Emptor".
gunbugs is online now   Reply With Quote