View Single Post
Unread 10-22-2017, 03:43 AM   #1
Lugermeister
User

Default Looking for First Luger Purchase Advice

I've been reading "Stickies" here and other posts for a little while now. I have a collection of WWI and WWII rifles, i.e., K98k (German, Persian contract etc.); Mosin Nagant (Refurb matching rifle and scope, a non-import Mosin 91/30) and pistols. The pistols consist of byf43 and byf44 Mauser P-38's with "correct" holsters and a Model 37 "jhv42" Frommer Femaru (Hungarian) with original holster and some cowboy guns.

However, I don't have a Luger pistol. I have several on a "Watch" list at the Guns International website and a couple of others sellers. My desire is to find a "Nazi Period" Luger, but am open to suggestions for other options.

I do have some knowledge of sellers that are "questionable" at best. If any of you know of questionable Luger sellers I should void, perhaps a PM would be helpful to me.

As a retired U.S. Army officer, I've taught military history and I've done a lot of reading about Lugers and other military weapons. So, I am now at the point of wanting to move forward with a purchase. I have a budget of $2.5k max and wonder what suggestions and/or recommendations you all may have for Lugers in that price range. I can, if allowed, post links to some I'm watching and perhaps some will review them and comment for me on any that look good for a first Luger purchase. Or, perhaps suggestions from the WTS list, or other available guns may come to mind. I am open to learning and advice from all.

I hope this is an acceptable request. Please let me know.

Thanks a heap!
Lugermeister is offline   Reply With Quote