View Single Post
Unread 10-07-2016, 09:35 PM   #14
Eugen
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithacaartist View Post
Don E.,

On the left side of the grip frame is a group of proof marks. One of them, two digits in a little shield, is the year of manufacture. What's the cut-off, 50 years? Then no, the KGP pistols would be modern. And if so, 1966 or before would be C&R.

Unfortunately, unless one can wrangle a discount at some supplier or other, a C&R is absolutely worthless in NY State due to State Police regulations. No SBRs or suppressors permitted, federally allowable notwithstanding. We have to have ammo sent to a dealer and p/u there. Still no background check for ammo yet, such as the latest law "requires."
Dave, thanks for the info. I called the shop (1.5 hours from me) and conveyed your information. Regretfully he was unable to find anything as I read your description. Is the mark on the frame and under the grip? I guess I am resigned to waiting the three days. Ugh!

IL is worst than most, but better than some states when it comes to restrictions on our second amendment rights. NY appears to be worse. The exception in Chicagoland where the restrictions are far greater than down state where I leave. Chicago land has a lot of idiots with guns and shoot each other at the rate of 5,000 a year. All their restrictions don't seem to help much. LOL