View Single Post
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #49
Olle
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sabato View Post
Really Nice custom machine work... we are proud of your efforts to create a part as close to the original as possible...

Now, did anybody check with LugerDoc (Tom Heller) to see if he doesn't have a big box of these laying around his shop?

BTW, Gun Parts Corporation lists this part as available on their website for $14.90

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/200270.htm
Now, where's the sport in buying them already made? Seriously, there are loops available but they are pulled from parted out guns so supplies will dry up sooner or later. Also, I wanted to make one that's an easier retrofit than an original part that has already been staked and then pulled out. I made mine with chamfered ends to make it easy to install, and they will hopefully look better than a used part as well. I'm not sure if Numrich carries used or repro, but their repros usually suck so I'm not really counting them.

And again, I really wanted to find out how to do it. There's many different guns with missing loops and it's really tedious to make one-offs, so a large part of the process was to get the method nailed down for future projects. I'm not doing it to get rich, I just enjoy tinkering with stuff like this.
Olle is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Olle for your post: