View Single Post
Unread 12-22-2020, 11:20 AM   #13
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,611 Times in 525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantman View Post
Thanks for the load info. I have never used CFE and I know nothing about it. I'm always looking for new propellants. Can you tell me more about it?

I have had very good luck with the following:

Home cast Lee 124 grain TC (Lyman #2 alloy).
Rooster Jacket tumble lube
3.8 Grains Bullseye. ( a modest load, per Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook) New formula Bullseye is very clean burning and meters well.
Federal case, Winchester small pistol primer
C.O.L. 1.075" taper crimp
Perfect function in my mixmaster PO8. I color primers with a sharpie and this load does not scuff the ink upon firing. Primers are softly round with no pocket-filling or expansion. Cycling seems very gentle. No leading.
I don't know what more I can tell you than CFE Pistol powder burns clean and performs much like Unique. I also like that it meters consistently through a measure.

Here is a review of CFE Pistol powder that might interest you. https://www.shootingtimes.com/editor...l-powder/99627

I've used a lot of the Lyman cast TC bullets in years past and it's an excellent design for the Luger. I haven't cast in awhile because the Berry bullets are inexpensive and far less trouble. They also work extremely well.

If your load works, I see no reason to change except perhaps for convenience. Bullseye is an excellent powder and meters extremely well. I've used a lot of it over the years.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote