View Single Post
Unread 04-12-2021, 03:35 PM   #26
Mauser 712
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Tinker View Post
Mark, your writing sounds more like Albert than I remember you sounding.
I saw this first on Jans forum and Albert wrote a lot - he has an attacking personality - which is very wearing and yes, I think prejudiced the postings of this find.
I am skeptical of new, wonderful finds. I was very excited to see the 45 luger carbine that Ralph Shattuck showed me, it seemed real to me and I was sorely disappointed to be told it was fake.
---
Hello Edward,

It is not correct to bring up my name to make a remark about my past comments/posts when I have not even made a post in this thread.

People who know me for a long time, recognize me to be a pleasant honest guy. However, I can be harsh or rude at times (against collectors/experts who have attacked me or any item in my collection in the past for no reason without a close examination), but what I have gained over 35+ years in terms of knowledge and experience is quite significant and impressive bearing in mind that I have examined the most rarest German and Austrian pistols and carbines in my hands - except the M1910 .45 Luger - but one day I shall complete the whole mission. I have examined the 'best of the best' from a Mauser Zick-Zack prototype revolver (and carbine) to a Walther AP/MP with a stock.

To be equal and fair about this subject M1900 AE Luger belonging to Mark who I have known for quite a while, I shall be glad to share my expert opinion about the two items.

Happy collecting,
Albert
Mauser 712 is offline   Reply With Quote