View Single Post
Unread 01-19-2014, 11:51 PM   #13
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
Bob, I did a Search of this sub-forum to see if you had posted any of your Nambu handload data, and didn't find anything (only came up with six threads with Nambu in them, in this sub-forum)...

I still can't get any of the powder I'd like [4895, W231] but I have some Red Dot and Blue Dot left from before the freeze...

Do you have any loads for the 102gr FMJ Nambu bullet using Red or Blue Dot???

I was going to try a load for the 93gr 30 Cal Luger using Red Dot from a 1970 Lyman manual in my Nambu conversion cases...They list a low end of 3.9gr and max of 4.3...I may try 4.8gr to start, just a few to see if it cycles or if the primer flattens...Couldn't find any Red Dot data for the Nambu on the net...
I haven't done as extensive work with the 8mm Nambu as I have the 9mm Luger, but a good powder for me was Unique with the Nambu. When I find the time, ha!, I'd like to try my favorite Power Pistol and SR 4756 powders with the Nambu, as I think they would do quite will in this case.

Also, start low with your above load, say 3.5 grains of Red Dot or so, and work up until the action will just stay open. By doing so, you will have established the bottom load of your relevant range. Carefully work up one tenth of a grain from there and note accuracy. Also, a hot load is not usually an accurate one, in most cases.

Go ahead and try the same 3.5 gr starting load with your Blue Dot powder, working up until the hold open catches to find the bottom of your range as note above. Blue Dot for me has always been a flame thrower, but with bottle neck cases it may perform a bit better.

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to Sieger for your post: