View Single Post
Unread 02-10-2017, 04:53 AM   #5
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default rounds in, rounds out!

When you have loaded the magazine to 32 rounds, and released the winding lever, you can get the rounds to settle by lightly tapping on the drum with a wood dowel or hammer handle... I usually just squeeze on the lever some while tapping it with my hand... rounds should settle and go tight against the feed lips and you can visually see it occurring... I don't over do it, just enough to get the round column settled and stacked against the feed lips... if you want to test the drum... you can load up some dummy rounds, (easy if your a re-loader!) and remove the firing pin from your Luger, and cycle them thru your Luger by hand... I do NOT recommend loaded rounds, as accidents can and probably will happen? So, no loaded stuff... Another way is to briskly snap the rounds out just like snapping your fingers?.. the speed and violence of the round leaving seems to have some degree of effect on the next round rising into place?... NOTE: this can change just about every time you load it?... Hit or miss, it will get more consistent as you become more consistent... Keep plugging away! ... When you get a BAD feeding jam, you will have to remove the drum cover.. you need to lock the winding lever fully tensioned before you take off the front screw and small cross bolt... it comes apart pretty easy, just go slow and be patient.. there is a learning curve... best to you, til...lat'r....GT...
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to G.T. for your post: