View Single Post
Unread 11-23-2005, 08:07 AM   #16
Walt NW
User

Bob M.
Good luck!!!!!!!!!
I have a DMW double date that was originally a 1917 arty that after rework ended up with the Dresden police. It has the lazy C/N on the right side of the receiver, frame, breech-block and barrel, and although barely visible, another hit on the right vertical side of the front toggle link. Barrel is a 4" with full markings including the bore size and serial matching the frame. Have tried for years to get a definative conclusion as to whether or not this is a true Kreighoff rework with varying opinions from the good folks on the forum and outfits like "Blue Book" simply giving up and saying they just don't know. If, (Big IF), they can be verified as Kreighoff's, they would in all probability represent the earliest version of Kreighoff entry into the rework market well prior to the 1923 Commercials. Have only fround two other examples of the right side lazy C/N's in several years of puttering around with this thing, one being a dealer and the other an individual, both stating that they were "DWM/Kreighoff" reworks. Anyway, the very best of luck on your search. I finally gave up on mine with many thanks to everyone who gave information to try and put this to rest.
Walt NW is offline   Reply With Quote