View Single Post
Unread 09-22-2015, 06:42 AM   #1
Oldreb
User

Default Luger 7313 -- An Update

A quick introduction -- my name is Wayne Smith and I live in Mullins, South Carolina. A while back I became interested in Lugers and decided to purchase "one". My research eventually led me to this Forum. I registered, quickly my knowledge increased and my collecting interest sharpened and narrowed. I decided that a Krieghoff was the Luger I would pursue. While talking to a friend with whom I share a common interest in Civil War Relics (he collects WW2 relics as well) the topic of my interest in a Krieghoff came up. Much to my surprise he stated that he had two and would sell me one of them. After some discussion about the Luger he sent me a series of pictures of a 1936 Krieghoff --- serial number 7313. I then began to research the 1936's. I happened to open Tom Whiteman's Krieghoff Serial Number sticky and lo and behold I found that #7313 was listed !! I called my friend and he advised that he knew nothing of the listing which meant that it must have been submitted by a previous owner. I returned to the Krieghoff section on the Forum and did a general search for #7313 and a 2/28/13 entry by Michael Zeleny titled "Three Krieghoff Lugers came up. Opening the entry I found that #7313 was one of the three and that Michael had provided a series of high quality, detailed pictures as well !! Further down his entry I found a 3/1/13 link to a "For Sale" offering and description along with more pictures of #7313. Needless to say I was amazed and stunned. Long story short, my friend and I came to terms a few days later and I am now the proud owner of #7313 !! I want to thank the members of LugerForum for being a part of my pursuit and ultimate purchase of my first Luger. Your knowledge, candor and humor concerning all things "Luger" is much appreciated. I look forward to increasing my knowledge of Lugers which I am sure now will lead to my obtaining a second Luger as owning just "One" is just not going to do it !!

Best Regards,
Wayne
Oldreb is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 members says Thank You to Oldreb for your post: