View Single Post
Unread 12-14-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
LugerVern
User

This gun is beautiful, but this makes me worry, I am so paranoid with the pretty guns, having seen so many fakes lately, so take this lightly.

The gun appears to have been re-blued at some point, several of the edges are rounded, note the right side railing and the 881 on the barrel looks hand done not stamped. The strawing is too good, there is some ware just in front of the side plate; this should not have bluing in it. I donâ??t like the looks of the â??9â? in the date stamp. I also donâ??t like the looks of the front barrel band. The edge above the sear bar shows blued pitting.

Positive notes:
This gun has been taken care of; note the grease, the high intensity lighting can play tricks. The heat treating is pretty clear on the ramps. Is it a real HKâ??I think it is, could it have been re-blued there is at least a chance that it has been professionally restored.

Is it worth $10,000 dollars â??I will leave that up to the bidders

The people who photographed this gun may have done more harm than good; everything I noted may not even be a problem. This should enlist a few comments however

Thanks for Posting

Vern
LugerVern is offline   Reply With Quote