View Single Post
Unread 04-28-2004, 12:38 PM   #13
Big Norm
RIP

Gentlemen,
we all must consider that this is an exceptional auction with exceptional prices. Put these prices on a Luger at a Michigan gun show and the guns and holsters will just sit there. If money were your motivating factor, you would make more money in a banks money market account, if you take a time factor into consideration.

Another consideration is the condition of the articles sold. From the pictures and other information supplied, the articles look and sound in exceptional condition. But, anybody who has been on this forum for any length of time knows, pictures and supplied information by the seller are not a good substitute for actually handling the article for sale. Some people bust their butts trying to give accurate information while others are not so careful. These articles that are sold at auctions are not returnable.

Finally, after some thought, this auction has a 15% buyers premium as well as a 2.5% premium for purchases with a credit card. Are the prices stated taking into account these large premiums?

These factors should be taken into consideration when looking at these auction prices. On this forum, we have many different kinds of people. Some just want something to shoot, some are into it just to make money and some are collectors. Personally, I am one of the later. I buy at what I think is a reasonable price and only rarely sell or trade. Even without knowing more about these prices and other add on costs (to speak nothing of the real physical condition of the articles), I consider the prices to be rediculous. I worry that people are going think that these prices are the standard prices even for shooter quality Lugers. Are we approaching a "Tulip Bulb" depression in Lugers? Or the famous term of Allen Greenspans of "Irrational Exuberance"? Or is this just another fine example of capitalism doing what it is supposed to do?
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote