View Single Post
Unread 06-13-2021, 10:15 AM   #1
Dubar
User

Default New Luger Owner Here!

Hi folks, just got my first Luger this past week and got permissions to post on the forum so here I am.

Always wanted a luger since I was a kid back in the 50s, had a toy luger that melted when I left it in the rear window of my dad's Buick during the summer

Dad was in the 9th Air Force in WW2 and mom was a Welsh nurse. All my uncles and my moms sister (also a nurse) were also in the war too so all things WW2 are kinda in my blood.

Anyway, spotted this luger on one of the auction sites and placed a bid, ended up winning the thing.

I know it's a mutt, but it's my mutt and the holy grail of firearms for me. I could buy a higher priced luger but just don't want to at this time, plus I wanted a shooter.

Here's the writeup that was posted on the auction site:

Fine condition WWII German Luger in 9mm that was made by Mauser and is coded "42" on the toggle with a "42" date on the chamber for 1942. Pistol is a renumbered matching import that shows likely police use with a sear safety. Gun is import marked under the barrel but does not seem to be a Russian Capture. Action is smooth and functions fine. Bore is bright with strong rifling and gun will make a fine shooter or for use by a reenactor. Metal finish is a full reblue with some handling wear. Checkered walnut grips have a good fit and no cracks or chips. Magazine is modern production and fits and functions fine. Tough to find a reasonable priced Luger these days that will work as an entry level collectable, for use at the range or for a carry and display gun for a reenactor.

Best I can determine it's a police luger, at least in part due to the sear safety. The stamp on the barrel appears to be some form of Berlin Police Armory Acceptance Stamp. It also has the GAI MIA FL import stamp on the underside of the barrel.

The bore looks fine to me, much better than the bore of some of my WW2 rifles that I have shot in the past 2 years (I've only really gotten into "acquiring firearms the past 3 years even though I've owned firearms for almost 60 years).

Thanks for letting join the forum, I need to do a lot of looking before I start asking questions and making comments.

Let me know what you think of my luger. I've done the tuning fork thing on the slide and it sounds perfect. I've had it apart down to removing the firing pin and all parts look good and well lubed. I bought 2 spare Mec-Gar mags, the mag that came with it only has "Made In Holland" stamped on it, nothing more.

Anything else I should look at before I shoot it? I've run several snap caps thru it and everything seems to function normally.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0969.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	83366  

Name:	DSCN0970.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	83367